What About Finger Dislocations:
A finger dislocation is a very common injury that occurs when the bones of the finger are forced away from their normal position. Finger dislocation can occur in any of the finger joints, but most often occurs in the middle knuckle of the middle, index and ring fingers. This injury can be caused by a jamming force at the end of the impacted finger.
Signs & Symptoms
- The finger will have obvious deformity, usually crooked and very swollen
- There will be pain in the area of the finger
- The patient will not be able to bend or use the finger at all
How is it Treated?
- Physical Therapy
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- This injury may require surgical intervention. Seeing an orthopedic specialist should be considered.
Meet Our Board-Certified Hand & Wrist Expert
Dr. Julia Kenniston
Hand & Wrist Specialist