Chief of Surgery: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Plymouth
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
R. Scott Oliver, graduated from University of Michigan Medical School. He completed the Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Tufts University followed by Chief Residency at the New England Baptist Hospital, specializing in hip and knee joint replacements.
Dr. Oliver has been on the active staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth since 1982 and also is on active staff at the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston.
For almost 40 years, Dr. Oliver has provided leadership and quality orthopedic care on the South Shore. He is the founder and managing partner of Plymouth Bay Orthopedic Associates. He was President of the Medical/Dental Staff at the Jordan Hospital from 1993-1995 and was President of the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association representing 400 orthopedic surgeons across Massachusetts from 2002-2003. In 2015, Dr. Oliver was voted as Chief of Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth by his surgical colleagues.
In 2011, Dr. Oliver has presented his surgical data to the 4th International Arthroplasty conference in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, the International Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery Conference in London and the International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty held in Belgium.
R. Scott Oliver In The News
- Chief of Surgery: BID-Plymouth
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Computer-Assisted Hip/Knee Replacements
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy
- MAKOplasty®Certified: All Robotic Hip/Knee Replacements
- Undergraduate: Hope College
- Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School
- General Surgery Residency: University if North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Tufts University/New England Medical Center
- Chief Residency: New England Baptist Hospital