About Runner’s Knee:
Runner’s knee is a common injury among runners that includes but is not limited to: knee overuse resulting in irritation of the kneecap joint; malalignment of the knee joint; problems that occur in hypermobile feet; thigh muscle weakness and/or muscle imbalance; and more.
Signs & Symptoms
- Pain behind and/or around the kneecap (particularly at the meeting point of the thighbone and kneecap)
- Pain when bending the knee (during walking, squatting, kneeling, running, etc.)
- Pain that worsens when walking downstairs and/or downhill
- Popping and/or grinding in the knee
How is it Treated?
- Physical Therapy
- Pain medications
- If physical therapy and medications are not effective, severe cases may require surgery