Advanced Hip Care
Our Orthopedic Program was designated a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center® for Hip Replacements.
Injuries or arthritis of the hip can severely impact your quality of life and that is why it is important to see an Orthopedic Specialist as soon as possible. Whether it is a sports injury, bursitis, tendonitis or arthritis – our Hip Team creates a unique treatment plan based on your lifestyle and goals. Fortunately, many conditions of the hip can be treated non-surgically with a combination of injections and Physical Therapy, which we can provide on-site.
For those considering a Hip Replacement, we incorporate a team approach for our patients. With our over 50 staff members and through our affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Plymouth’s Nurse Liaison Program, each patient has a dedicated team of nurses and therapists with them from their initial diagnosis through their pre-op and post-op care. All of us at Plymouth Bay Orthopedic Associates have patient safety as our number one priority. Our Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons and Joint Replacement Specialists utilize the latest technological advancements in Hip Replacement Surgery to reduce complications and facilitate a faster recovery. We are also particularly proud that Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Plymouth is among the top hospitals in Massachusetts with the lowest complication rate for hip replacement surgery.
- Avulsion Fracture of the Hip
- Avascular Necrosis of the Hip
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement Syndrome
- Hip Arthritis
- Hip Bursitis
- Hip Dislocation
- Hip Fracture
- Hip Labrum Tear
- ITB Tendonitis
- Loose Bodies of the Hip
- Pelvis Fracture
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Stress Fractures of the Femur
- Femoral Shaft Fracture Surgery
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Labrum Repair
- Hip Replacement
- Intertrochanteric Fracture Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Open Reduction/Internal Fixation of the Hip & Femur
- Prophylactic Fixation
- Subcapital Fracture Surgery
- Subtrochanteric Fracture Surgery
Quick Facts & Benefits:
- We offer many treatments and options to treat your hip pain. Please call and learn more.
- Not all problems treated by a hip specialist need surgery. Often non-surgical treatments are effective, such as medication, therapy, or injections.
- We offer the latest technologies and cutting edge procedures.
- We offer onsite x-ray and casting capabilities. Easy and convenient.
- We have an onsite Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy.
Meet Our Board-Certified Hip Experts
R. Scott Oliver, MD
Joint Replacement Specialist
View Dr. Oliver’s Profile
Joseph Zabilski, MD
Joint Replacement Specialist
View Dr. Zabilski’s Profile
Eric Rightmire, MD
Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialist
View Dr. Rightmire’s Profile
Brett Teran, DO
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist
Hip Educational Videos
What Is Causing My Hip Pain and How Can It Be Treated?
By Dr. R. Scott Oliver
What is Hip Bursitis and How Is It Treated?
By Dr. Brett Teran
What Are My Treatment Options for Hip Arthritis?
By Dr. Joseph Zabilski
What is Hip Impingement Syndrome and How Is It Treated?
By Dr. Eric Rightmire
Hip Replacement Testimonial
Full Hip Surgery Video (Viewer Discretion Advised)
Warning: The following video contains extremely graphic content that may be disturbing to some viewers.